Effective date: December 11th, 2017
Last Updated: May 25th, 2018
TruBlue knows you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we'll do so carefully and sensibly. When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES TRUBLUE1987.COM GATHER?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your TruBlue experience. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you. When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, phone number, credit card information and email address.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses trublue1987.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of trublue1987.com on other Web sites. For example, when you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address.
E-mail Communications: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. If you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please select unsubscribe in the latest email you receive from us.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, from Google AdWords, Facebook or Instagram among others.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide personalized features, purchasing, personalized advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
• _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
• _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
• _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
• cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
• _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
• storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
• PREF, persistent for a very short period, set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
In addition, the installation of the following tracking cookies is expected on the Shopify stores. The cookies are necessary for tracking advertising campaigns on the Google AdWords and Facebook Advertising platforms. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Google Analytics uses the following cookies. For more information, you can go to https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
• _ga, expires in 2 years, used to distinguish users.
• _gid, expires in 24 hours, used to distinguish same-day users.
• _gat, expires in 1 minute, used to throttle request rate.
• _gac_, expires in 90 days, Links website conversions to advertising campaigns, and provides conversion tracking to the associated Google AdWords account. “Contains campaign-related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.” For more information go to the link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7521212
The Facebook Pixel tool records the occurrence of a set number of actions taken by a user while visiting our website, as well as whether or not they were directed to our website as the result of a Facebook advertisement. The data is used to measure the efficiency of Facebook advertisements, to compile audiences for future advertising, and for other market research purposes. All data is collected and stored anonymously and can include the value of purchases.
Purchase values can be used to link individual transactions to specific advertisements. The collected data is saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook retains the ability and right to connect the data to your Facebook account. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to display advertising to you on Facebook and its partner network. Facebook uses your data in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
You can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer
WHAT ABOUT SHOPIFY?
Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored in Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
HOW SECURE IS THE INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and stored with an AES-256 encryption.
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It's important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
• Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Google analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
WHICH INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Trublue1987 gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with trublue1987.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This information includes your name, address, shipping address, cart content, country, time zone, etc. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or even to write a review.
• You can add or update certain information about yourself including if you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS?
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
WHAT DATA DO WE RETAIN?
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
CAN CHILDREN USE TRUBLUE1987.COM?
Trublue1987.com does not sell products for purchase by children. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. Customers under the legal age of their country, state or province can only use trublue1987.com if they are accepted by a custodian or a guardian.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com.
Questions? Comments? General Inquiries? call or email us with the contact information below. We look forward to hearing from.
Toll-Free: 1-877 4-TOMAUR
Local: 905 886-8122
Fax: 905 886-6452
2-2750 John St.